Masonicare of Wallingford Connecticut
Masonicare is the state’s leading provider of healthcare and retirement living communities for seniors. Masonicare is a not-for-profit and has more than 100 years of experience behind them. Masonicare is recognized for the quality, compassionate care and steadfast support they provide to residents and patients.
Masonicare’s roots date back to 1750, when Connecticut’s first Masonic Lodge was chartered. Nearly 150 years later, in 1889, Connecticut Masons began a charitable fund that became The Masonic Charity Foundation of Connecticut, and in 1895, dedicated an 88-acre homestead in Wallingford as The Masonic Home.
Masonicare’s Website: Masonicare.org
For more information on Masonicare’s wide array of services are available here: Masonicare Services
For more information regarding Masonicare’s mission can be found here: Masonic Family Presentation (pdf)
Now Open to All
At its inception, The Home’s mission was to care for the elderly and orphans with Masonic connections. During the ensuing years, Masonicare grew exponentially and greatly expanded its healthcare services and retirement living options. The organization, which is now open to all – not just Masons – employs more than 2,500 people throughout the state.
Today, Masonicare encompasses a broad range of healthcare and senior living options:
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities – Masonicare Health Center in Wallingford and Masonicare at Newtown.
- Independent living options – A continuing care retirement community, Masonicare at Ashlar Village, and the A. Norman Johnson Apartments, Kenneth B. Hawkins Apartments and Wells Apartments for individuals 55 and over, all located in Wallingford.
- Masonicare’s brand new rental retirement community in Masonicare at Mystic offers all kinds of carefree senior living options. With Independent Living,Assisted Living and Memory Care Assisted Living, you have the assurance that your needs can be met today and tomorrow.
- Masonicare at Chester Village – The newest member of the Masonicare family – a senior living community in the heart of the Connecticut River Valley, Masonicare is pleased to announce that Chester Village West is now a Masonicare senior living community!
- Assisted living communities – Pond Ridge in Wallingford, Lockwood Lodge in Newtown and our newest community in Mystic.
- A residential care home – The Leslie G. Wright Residence in Wallingford, CT.
- Masonicare Home Health & Hospice, a statewide home healthcare and hospice provider that touches 3,000 patients each month through its 7 offices.